Re: [WriteLog] PC Shuts Down w/ Serial Cable Connected

To: "Bob Gates" <regates@kingwoodcable.com>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] PC Shuts Down w/ Serial Cable Connected
From: "Paul Caccamo, VA3PC" <va3pc@ciinet.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:20:44 -0500
The clue is that you had a UPS connected there..  I bet you that there is
still an instance of
the UPS shutdown software still looking at that serial port.  I would
uninstall the UPS software and then reinstall it (with maybe a newer version
from the website) selecting only the USB port to monitor for shutdown
messages.
73
Paul, va3pc