[WriteLog] Summary sheet problem soled

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Summary sheet problem soled
From: "Roger Cooke" <roger@g3ldi.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:35:05 -0000
Hi All.

  Many thanks for all the replies. Some were a bit basic; I obviously
tried the normal routes of clicking on Summary sheet and
such. I even tried renaming files, putting them in different
directories, remaking the Cabrillo file and rebooting etc etc.

  However, Phil, GU0SUP, came up with the answer. For BARTG contests,
there is a file called BARTGFOR.TXT in the
/programs directory. I checked that I had this too of course, but Phil
suggested that it might be corrupt. He was kind enough
to send me a replacement - only 5k - and bingo, first time a summary
sheet. I am indeed grateful to Phil, and all you who
took the trouble to write me.

  One or two said that a summary sheet was unnecessary for a
submission or contest entry. I agree, but it is very useful to be
able to have a summary sheet as well. This serves two purposes. First,
I can compare it with last year, and see how I managed
on all bands, what mults and call areas I worked etc. The summary
sheet is an easier way than ploughing through the log itself
and all on one page.  Then I can also submit it and any comments to
the WL reflector, as I shall do now.

 Now, if only I could get my WAV files to work as well...............

73 de Roger, G3LDI

roger@g3ldi.co.uk