[WriteLog] G3LDI BARTG Spring SOE

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] G3LDI BARTG Spring SOE
From: "Roger Cooke" <roger@g3ldi.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:52:08 -0000
Hi.

  Having got a summary sheet working at last, this is how I fared in
this contest.

         QSOs   DX:     Call Areas
80m:    141     32      5
40m:    163     38      10
20m:    304     49      20
15m:    124     29      21
10m:    2       2       0
Total:  734
Continents:             6
Total multipliers:      206
Score:          907224

FT1000MP + MMTTY/WL10.53E

Antennas:  TH7DXX at 110ft. 20 meter Rhombic, plus LF dipoles
                  One radio, no cluster help, no Telnet, no-one to
make my tea!

    My linear is out of service at present so I was limited to
75watts. I had to queue (stand in line) for a lot of my
contacts, but hope to have the linear back in service for the next
bash!

 Propagation was not good, but did manage all JA call areas on 15, all
USA call areas on 20. I did notice a lack
of VK/ZL stations, just one of each this time. I was pleasantly
surprised at a number of very nice DX calls in the
contest, but was disappointed in 10 meters, just a G and a ZC4. For
the first time in many contests I heard a
ZS6, but each time it was not his freq and I missed him. There is a
lack of RTTY in Africa I find.

  Although I was limited to 75watts, I managed 4 more contacts than
last year, when I was running the amp. I
was quite surprised, considering that propagation was not brilliant.
Great fun though!!

73 de Roger, G3LDI

roger@g3ldi.co.uk