Re: [WriteLog] CAT Support

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CAT Support
From: "Darren Hatcher" <g0wcw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:40:58 +0100
Folks,

While we are on the subject of radio support, there has been another open
source radio control subsystem around for a while called 'hamlib'
(www.hamlib.org).

The aim of this open source project (which I have provided code into on the
PCR1000), is to split the radio (rotator and other hardware) API away to
allow logging and other apps to concentrate on function rather than hardware
specifics.

It supports linux and win32 and the library can be cross compiled to other
targets if required. For remote station control use, an RPC interface is
also supported.

I was wondering what the general thoughts on support of the 'hamlib' radio
API in writelog might be.

73, Darren - G0WCW