Re: [WriteLog] Start Sending Now feature in Writelog/Very sweet

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Start Sending Now feature in Writelog/Very sweet
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:02:49 -0700
Jay, KT5E wrote:

 > I have used this feature and it is very sweet.  As the calling station is
 > sending his call you are typing it in.  If you are quick on the keys as I am
 > you pause before hitting the magic letter(auto send at 3 or 4).  Yes - it
 > has gotten me but ESC stops sending instantly.
 >
 > Basically, you have to hear the whole call before the sending starts or you
 > will step on the sending station but the sending starts while you are
 > finishing typing in the call.

What a great tip, which dovetails with a tip one NCCC member shared with a
few of us this weekend out by the BBQ at N6RO's (I video taped our NCCC
SO2R Clinic v1.0 duing part of the IARU contest :-)

If you're called by a JA station, chances are pretty good it is a 6
character callsign.  So if you're a fast typist, just pause before typing
in the last few characters.  Let's see, this would probably also apply to
most SM, etc. stations as well.

 > This saves a little time on each Q.

Multiply "a little time" saved on each Q (times) thousands of Q's and it
really adds up!!!

 > I too want this in WL with the same functionality as in TR.

Yes, it is very, very "sweet" ... a good description!  And if  you're using
it set at 3, you deserve an award for bravery :-)

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA