[RTTY] AA5AU RTTY Callsign Database Updated July 16, 2005

Subject: [RTTY] AA5AU RTTY Callsign Database Updated July 16, 2005
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:54:12 -0500
I was finally able to complete new database files to be used with WriteLog's
Super Check Partial feature and for other programs.

The updated master file now contains nearly 24,500 callsigns.
The lite version of the master file now contains over 5800 callsigns.

Download from the Downloads page on rttycontesting.com or directly from this
link:

http:/www.rttycontesting.com/aa5au_rtty050716.zip

For instructions on how to use the .dta file with WriteLog, see:

http://rttycontesting.com/writelog/supercheckpartial/supercheckpartial_page1.htm

Hope to see everyone in the NAQP RTTY Contest in a few hours.

Here are the contents of the readme.txt file included in the zipped package:

Date:  JULY 16, 2005

***NOTE - THE AA5AU RTTY CALLSIGN DATABASE NOW HAS A NEW NAMING CONVENTION***
***THE FILE WILL BE DATED AS FOLLOWS - aa5au_rttyYYMMDD.zip where YY MM DD is
the Year, Month & Day it was created***

The zipped file aa5au_rtty050716.zip contains 5 files.

1. Readme.txt is this file.

2. aa5au_rtty050106.dta - DTA file used with WriteLog.  This file contains over
24,400 RTTY
callsigns and is used in conjunction with WriteLog's Super Check Partial feature
and callsign
highlighting in the Rttyrite window.  This file should be extracted and placed
in your
WriteLog Programs directory.  For example, if you use the default location for
WriteLog
at c:/ham/ then place the file in the c:/ham/Programs subdirectory.  Newer
installations of
WriteLog are placed in the Program Files subdirectory.

Next, the Super Check Partial file must be set in WriteLog in order for it to
highlight
callsigns contained in the file.  To do this, go to the Setup menu in the main
WriteLog window
and select Super Check Partial.  Then navigate to the location of
aa5au_rtty050716.dta by
using the Browse button.

050716 refers to the YEAR (05), MONTH (07) and DAY (16)
the file was created.  This particular file was created on July 16, 2005.

3. mstrtty.cal - This file is an ASCII text file containing the exact callsigns
as the .dta file
listed above.  This file can be used with WF1B or other programs that use the
ASCII .cal
format.  It can also be used as the master file for WT4I Cabrillo Tools.  This
file lists
all callsigns in alpha-numeric order.

NEW FILES

4. aa5au_lite.dta - DTA file used with WriteLog.  This file contains only
callsigns found in
DK3VN's RTTY World Ranking List as of July 2005 plus callsigns showing up at 3
times in logs received by AA5AU
in the year 2004 & 2005 only.  This file contains just over 5,800 callsigns.

5. mstrtty_lite.cal - This file is an ASCII text file containing the exact
callsigns as the
aa5au_lite.dta listed above.  Callsigns are listed in alpha-numeric order.

I'm sorry but I will no longer carry a Friend.ini file on rttycontesting.com.
You
may obtain a good Friend file from Don, AF4Z, at http://www.af4z.com/ham/

The master RTTY files are created and distributed by me, Don AA5AU.  You
may use these files any way you choose.  These files are provided free of charge
to anyone
who wishes to use them.

Please send any and all cabrillo logs, updates and/or corrections to me at
aa5au@bellsouth.net.

Thanks,
Don AA5AU
aa5au@bellsouth.net