[WriteLog] Serial Numbers with networked PCs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Serial Numbers with networked PCs
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:03:08 -0000
I could use a little help from a kindly reflectee.

I usually run SO2R with a single PC but the Pafos Radio Club gang will use
my station for the IOTA contest next weekend.  Consequently, I have
reconfigured to give them Run and Mult stations with networked PCs.  This is
the first time I have set out to use WL in this way, so I'm on virgin turf
(for me anyway).

I have WL installed and running on both PCs.  The network itself is sound
and I can see Qs logged on A appear on Bs PC and vice versa.  My question
concerns allocation of serial numbers.  Just now both machines are issuing
s/n commencing 001 and incrementing.  Consequently I have two 001s and two
002s etc.  Are there options available for serial number allocation?  How do
I access them?

Many thanks.

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F