[WriteLog] WL Message Mania

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WL Message Mania
From: K6VVA <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:46:03 -0700
OK...I think I discovered the missing message problem that plagued me in
the last NS, but not sure how to resolve what I now call WL Message Mania.

I just realized I forgot I had set up some MessageShiftPhxx shortcuts for
the NAQP, which then nuked my CW MessageShiftxx NS settings.

So I restored all CW messages, and all of my F02 -> Message02 and F02 ->
MessageShift02 (etc.) CW commands now work once again.

HOWEVER, in preparation for my upcoming CQP San Benito County CW *and* SSB
venue, when I try to add the MessageShiftPh02 (thru Ph11) shortcuts into
the mix, all my regular CW MessageShift02 (thru 11)'s get nuked again.

When I redid the CW Shift stuff I had the TXRX connect on a CW frequency,
and switched to a Phone frequency when I attempted the SSB Shift+ message
additions (thinking that might help).  Nope.

There must be a special trick to get ALL CW and ALL SSB/Phone "Shift+"
shortcuts to work properly, and I *sure* would like to know how to do it if
some kind soul can help.  I need all 20 CW and all 20 SSB messages to work
correctly in the *same* WL file for CQP 2005.

Tnx much & 73...

Rick, K6VVA

* CU in the Ultimate of QSO Parties - The CQP (California QSO Party)
* Oct 1st & 2nd (2005) - The 40th Anniversary Extravaganza Edition!!!
* http//www.cqp.org for details & mark your calendar NOW -)
* "I'M GONNA KICK CQP BUTT FROM SAN BENITO COUNTY THIS YEAR!!!" (15/10m
excluded, of course :-)