Re: [WriteLog] 10.55D now ready for downloading..

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 10.55D now ready for downloading..
From: "W. Wright, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:20:21 -0000
>>  Fix problems with TCP/IP networking having more than 2 workstations.
>Could you please let us know a bit more abt this problem and its
correction?
>Is it known since which release it exists?
>What is the impact of the fault?

The changes made in WL in this update have to do with some problems reported
by
a multi-multi operation (in Germany) that was able to keep their station
together after
the contest and ran some simulation tests afterwards.

The problem was that stations on the WL network would quit updating without
explanation. I made some changes in WL's networking package that caused
it to share DDE connections between the wlogne32.dll and wlognetdde.exe
components for a station that is simultaneously connected to many others.
This sharing cut down on the load WL networking put on the operating
system (the number of threads and the number of DDE connections).

But it ultimately turned out that the DL stations solved the problem by
turning
off the anitvirus and firewall software on their computers. After that they
were
able to run this simulation:

> 33000QSOs in 24h and no pc shutdown with 9 pcs in network,

(quoted from their email)

Hope this helps.
Wayne