Re: [WriteLog] LPT and XP

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] LPT and XP
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:19:27 -0700
Hello

Since posting the below message, the following were tried to get LPT1
to work with WL & XP OS:
    * DirectIO configured per the DirectIO WL setup.
    * LPT1=378x37A established in writelog.ini.  LPT2 and LPT3
deleted in writelog.ini.
    * Printer removed from the computer followed by restarting the computer.
    * Various "LPT1=" settings have been tried, e.g.,
LPT1=0X37A;  LPT1=378X37F......

Still no success in getting LPT1 to show up on Setup>Ports.  Any
ideas on what needs to be done to get WL, LPT1 and XP to work together?
>Hello,
>
>After too many crashes with 98SE, I've switched to XP.  Now I can't
>use any of the LPT Ports in the Setup>Ports.
>
>Direct IO has been installed, Fixcom.exe has been executed and
>DX4Win V7.01 has been loaded (several references have been made
>regarding the LPT driver in DX4Win).  The archives have been
>consulted.  This led to trying several settings for lpt1 in the
>WL.ini file.  Nothing seems to make a difference.
>
>A few comments on my efforts to get lpt to work:
>Set-up - XP w/SP2, WL V10.55D,  "DVK type Windows sound board" highlighted.
>I doubt if I have Direct IO correctly set-up as it leaves a lot to
>be desired on set-up instructions.
>When Fixcom.exe is opened the DOS window opens and shuts before
>anything can be read.  So don't know if I need to do anything else.
>DX4Win was loaded and installed a couple of times.
>The suggestions in the archive have been tried, without any
>success.  My LPT1 port settings are 0378 x 037F.
>
>  Any ideas on what may be occurring with my set-up to keep lpt from
> being able to be used?
>
>         73,
>         Mike, K4GMH

         73,