Re: [WriteLog] Heil -> .WAV files

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Heil -> .WAV files
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 03:16:28 -0000
From: "Rick Mintz" <Rmintz@Rochester.rr.com>
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 2:56 AM
Subject: [WriteLog] Heil -> .WAV files

> Hi guys,
>
> A question on recording voice .WAV files.
>
> I am using a Heil "ic" element and seem to have a VERY low level
> audio going to Windows sound recorder. Anyone have a solution?

A couple of things to check:

Does the Heil plug conform to the standard sound card jack? Audio on
tip, electret voltage (if required) on ring, shield on shell. The plug
must be a stereo plug, not a mono plug.

Perhaps your sound card has a mic preamp that can be turned on.
Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray/open volume
control/options/properties. Look under both recording and playback
advanced controls for a mike boost checkbox.

Good luck.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ