Re: [RTTY] RTTY In CW Bands ?

To: writelog <writelog@contesting.com>, rtty <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY In CW Bands ?
From: k4sb@bellsouth.net
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 03:53:46 +0000
Dave W7DPW wrote:
> I just finished a contact with a EastCoast Station and I was still tuned onto
> the frequency. I was S&P, and I received the following message that appeared
> from nowhere, no call sign at all..    Freq 7.037.5  Mhz...
> W7DPW OUR RECORDS INDICAT THAT YOUR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CW SECTION YOUR IN
> VIOLATION OF THE BAND PLAN. PLEASE QSY IMMIDEATELY AS YOUR INTERFEARING WITH
> REGUALR CW NETS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
-----------

That sort of junk reminds me of when I was a young first officer. The
Captain had a business card which he usually presented it to a
passenger who had been a real pain to the flight attendants:

It read like this, WITH his full name and company ID number.

Vyizit zer rzo mninmor orzis asseszan orzis?

Translated: Why are there so many more horses asses than horses?

Believe me, when I was promoted to Captain, I wished a thousand times I
had that card.

73
Ed