Re: [WriteLog] Possible Problem with 10.56C No Problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Possible Problem with 10.56C No Problem
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:43:46 -0900
I was reluctant to upgrade to 10.56C after reading all the posts about
losing rig communication.  Wayne's post today convinced me that if the
problem was related to COMM port communication I probably wouldn't
experience the symptoms others have reported.  That assumption has proven to
be correct.

I run WL on a Compac laptop under Windows ME, but use a Socket Dual Serial
PCMCIA slot card that gives me two additional serial ports, COMM 2 (for rig
control - ICOM 756Pro) and COMM 5 (unused at the moment).  Wayne indicated
the rig communication problem was probably associated with USB port drivers,
that are not a factor in my situation.

I first installed the 10.56C upgrade and fired up WL.  No loss of rig
control at all, even with fast QSY changes and turning on the Tuning Speed
shift.  The band map also follows right along.

Exited WL, downloaded and installed the 10.56D COMMPORT patch.  Again, WL
exhibits no loss of either rig control or band map tracking.  While no big
fan of MS, there is something to be said for STANDARDS.
Gary AL9A