Re: [WriteLog] Removing Mult

To: 'WriteLog' <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Removing Mult
From: Barry <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:06:37 +0000
Different is good.  Do you want every contest to be like the CQWW?  I
don't.
I like the WAE for the same reason - QTCs are different.  EU working the
world is different.

 From the mainland W/VE perspective, I like ARRL DX because DX is trying
to work us.  There's no problem on the lowbands trying to be heard while
EU works EU.  On 80 and 40 SSB the DX know to work split and you don't
hear stations in the DX-only subband.

My only problem with ARRL DX is the timing.  The last 2 years I've been
sick, with the flu or a bad cold.  A few years before that icestorms
detuned my antennas, snow static, etc.  Hopefully, this year will be better.

73,
Barry W2UP

Bob Naumann - W5OV wrote:

>I'm sorry that you see the ARRL DX contest as "the worst", but it was tried
>and failed several years ago to do just what you're asking for.  We had DX
>working DX and it just did not work.  I don't recall all of the details of
>what happened, but the ARRL DX contest reverted to US & VE working everyone
>else quickly.
>
>It's just different - not worse.
>
>While working DX is exciting, in the ARRL DX Contest, DX stations (including
>KH6 and KL7) can enjoy running US stations at high rates for pretty much the
>whole contest without turning an antenna.  I've done so from V26 a couple of
>times, and that can be a lot of fun.  Granted, on Sunday afternoon, it
>reminds you of Sunday afternoons in SS as activity tails off.
>
>So, the many others where you can work DX provide the DX excitement that we
>all crave.  If contests were all the same, they would all be boring.
>
>73,
>
>Bob W5OV
>Also V26O

Barry Kutner, W2UP