Re: [WriteLog] HELP! I need to rename my com ports!

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] HELP! I need to rename my com ports!
From: "Michael Baker" <k7ddmjb@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:57:58 -0700
I wanted to say thanks to the bunch of you who put your input into making me
understand what I needed to do to get the system working.
YEA!!!!  It started working just fine after following the "Yellow Brick
Road" that was paved for me.  ;>)

OH, BTW, I tried to follow the instructions to install the free program that
reassigns your parallel ports so you can key from that port the same way as
in Win98.  My opinion:  FORGET IT, GO AND GET THE SHAREWARE ONE FOR $29 AND
JUST GET ON WITH IT.  IT WORKS SUPER.  JUST LIKE OLD TIMES, WRITELOG AND MY
LPT1 KEYING ARE FINALLY WORKING!
I have built a log for FYBO next weekend and fine tuned the CW decoder range
to work with the IC-703+ and match the side tone.
The only thing I still can't quite figure out is that when a call comes
across the screen of the CW decoder, it doesn't become highlighted nor can I
capture the exchange info and paste it into the log like you can in RTTY or
PSK31.  Is there something I am missing or is it just not a possibility in
CW?
Either way, I am a happy clam for the moment.  At least I am finally ready
for the contest with a working computer and program for portable use.

Thanks again to you all and to Ron for his patience with my bugging him a
bit.

Best 72, 73

Michael Baker  K7DD
k7ddmjb@qwest.net