Re: [WriteLog] Problem with "userpara.ini"

To: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>,writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem with "userpara.ini"
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:34:36 +0000
Jim,

I have suddenly started seeing this after I updated to 10.57H last week. I
only see it when I open the second copy of MMTTY from a rttyrite window. I
have checked the real userpara.ini and it seems ok. I renamed it and let
MMTTY write a new one. But that one also gaves the same error. So I just
click it off and go on.

Both MMTTY engines seemed to run ok during the wpx. Of course, I had many
other strange failures that kept me trouble shooting and restarting the
computer. I don't know why but it always seems to snow during the wpx and I
have to take several hours off to dig out our country driveway, hi I came
back from that to find my computer apparently locked up but with NO video
on the monitors. Everything was still powered up but no video to see what
had happened. Nothing to do but a hard reset and hope everything was saved.
Just why I always keep a networked log.

The snow Saturday nite was apparently changing the SWR on my 80m dipoles
and then the Alpha 87A was auto-tuning itself into a worse condition until
it faulted off. So I had to spend time retuning to get it back on the air.
I answered more than one contact with only 50 watts, Hi

Jerry, W6IHG

At least the RFI problems are getting fixed slowly.