Re: [WriteLog] Correcting Band in Log

To: <writelog@contesting.com>, "Don Winn" <af4z@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Correcting Band in Log
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 19:42:31 -0900
Don,

I just checked my log, the Help file and the K9JY web site.  Apparently WL
does not support block edits of  the frequency field.  You can highlight a
block of log records, but when you click on the frequency field the
highlighted block is erased and just the single line of the log can be
changed.  As you stated this would be very time consuming.

I would try this.  Export the entire log as an ADIF file.  Open the ADIF
file in Notepad and do a Find and Replace on the frequencies/bands in
question.  Exit Notepad and save the changes.  Open a new blamk contest file
in WL and give it a slightly different name than your original WL log file.
Then import the modified ADIF file with the edited frequencies.  Save the
log and use this one to create your Cabrillo log and another ADIF file if
you intend to import the log into a general logging program such as DXBase,
etc.

Good luck,
Gary AL9A