[WriteLog] State in Packet Spots window

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] State in Packet Spots window
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:12:04 -0900
Just ran in the ARRL DX SSB test last weekend as SOAB Assisted for the first
time.  Since I operated from AK I was a DX station interested in finding and
working new states/provinces for mults.  I use VE7CC's AR User software and
set the filters to pass only US and VE spots from one of his DX Spider
Clusters.  In the cluster you can see the state info being passed with the
spot.  However, the state info doesn't show up in the WL Packet Spots
window.  Spots do come through with the leading 'M' indicating the spot is a
multiplier, so somehow WL is determining the state being spotted, but not
displaying that info in the window.

My desire in seeing the actual state displayed is that even though a station
may be spotted as a mult, depending on which state it is, I may not have
propagation to that part of the continent.  Since the number in a  US call
sign no longer assures what part of the country that station is in, it would
be helpful to know that call with a '1' in it is in ME which I need as a
mult, but can't hear yet due to propagation, while another mult station with
a '1' is in MT which I can hear.  That would help avoid jumping to a 'mult'
only to discover that the propagation won't support my working him at that
time.  Any way to get the state info added to the Packet Spots window?

Gary AL9A