Re: [WriteLog] WL friend/hi/hello setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL friend/hi/hello setup
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 18:52:36 -0700
PTL Bill, K0UK, inquired:

> somewhere I remember that WL would save calls and names
> of past contact made in a contest. Then if you made contact
> again it would say Hi to that calls name. Does anyone know
> where I can find out how to set that up in WL

I dunno about any "automatic saving", but after much trial and error plus
FRUSTRATION, I did get something
working for my recent IOTA NA178 Expedition (see bottom).

Have it it !!!

73...

Rick, K6VVA

RE:
===

K6VVA * WL friend/hi/hello setup

***WL .ini Section*** c:/windows/writelog.ini
ADD an entry to your writelog.ini Configuration file section
====
[Configuration]
HI_SECTION=NA178
<snip rest>
====
In this case, I used NA178 to identify this was the file stuff to be
used on my IOTA NA-178 Expedition

***WL friend.ini File***  c:/Program Files/writelog/programs/friend.ini
I modified the "friend.ini" file to correspond to NA178 (note the location)
====
[NA178]
W6OAT=RUSTY >>KB<<
<snip rest>
====

***WL CW/RTTY/SSB Messages Setup***
Sends the station's call, does a lookup in the "friend.ini" file, sends
a slowed down "KB", and then a ramped up infamous "5NN"
====
%C %H<<<5nn>>>
====