Re: [WriteLog] Looking for USB adapter suggestion

To: AD8J <ad8j.1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Looking for USB adapter suggestion
From: "hank kohl" <hank.kohl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 02:15:34 +0000
I picked up a handful of Prolific USB to Serial cables.
One for rig control and I use a K1EL WinKeyer, which
takes away the need for a parallel keying interface.
It's a nice small box with a speed pot so you don't have
to mess with remembering what to hit for speed up / speed
down .... just turn the pot and WriteLog follows the speed.
And you could velcro it to the side of the laptop!

73    Hank    K8DD

On 6/26/06, AD8J <ad8j.1@comcast.net> wrote:
> I just upgraded from an old Dell laptop with serial and
> parallel ports to a new Toshiba with only USB ports.
> I'm looking for a suggestion on an adapter that will give
> me a serial port (for rig interface) and a parallel port
> (for keying my IC-746PRO).  I'm looking at a
> ByteRunner VDS-1003 but I'm open for a better
> suggestion.  Whatever I get needs to be powered from
> the laptop as I use this for mobile contesting.
>
> John Getz, AD8J

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you
with experience.'      -anon