Re: [WriteLog] .INI File comments

To: Sid Ashen-Brenner <sashen@swbell.net>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] .INI File comments
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@iowadsl.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:46:04 -0500
Almost every question I have ever had about ini file entries has been
answered by the help file. Usually with much more detail the k9jy has
space for on his web page. Sure the file lags recent changes a
little, but I usually don't go there. I tend to stay a little back
from the bleeding edge of technology. I let the more ambitious work
out the finer points, then pay attention here. If there is something
new on the updates that I really want to try I can usually figure it
out from the update history and a little brain sweat. Some may cuss
the ini file interface, but it makes the software much more flexible.
You would need about 50,000 check boxes to give you the options you
can change in the ini file.

At 11:54 AM 7/6/2006, Sid Ashen-Brenner wrote:

>Sounds like a worthwhile project - any Volunteers?
>
>Got awful quiet all of a sudden!
>
>          Sid  n0obm
>
>At 03:19 PM 7/6/2006, Jerry Flanders wrote:
>
> >At 10:56 7/6/2006, you wrote:
> > >I think this is what Ford was complaining about, that none of the .ini
> > >adjustments appear in any of his doumentation.  Maybe there should be a
> > >chapter in the manual somewhere named "Neat things you can change in the
> > >.ini file" .
> >
> >It would be helpful if an ini file came with WL that had ALL commands
> >present and commented.
> >
> >Jerry W4UK

>Sid Ashen-Brenner   Salina, Kansas    N0OBM   EM18et
>Internet : sashen@swbell.net   Home page: http://www.qsl.net/n0obm

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim@rhodesend.net

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.