Re: [WriteLog] Percieved nasty whining

To: <w5xd@writelog.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Percieved nasty whining
From: "Mike Valentine - W8MM" <mike@valentine.org>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 22:43:28 -0400
Wayne,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me personally.

I can well imagine that ham radio may be less appealing than it once was for
you.  I had a time when I worked for the R.L. Drake Company when I began to
actually hate hams, in general.  It was a combination of over-exposure as
well as a collection of frustrating incidents with "know-it-all" (but they
really didn't) customers during my years of tenure working in the Hamvention
booth for Drake that caused it for me.

It took me a long time to get over it, maybe six or eight years.  But I am
over it long ago, having gained a new perspective, and am able to enjoy our
great hobby again.  I hope any disappointments you may encounter don't last
nearly as long.

I'm sorry if I contributed to any feelings of malaise.  Probably most of
your customers wish only for a combination of easy to use and helpful
features, which is so much easier to say than it is to do.

Good luck with your pursuits and I wish you all the best in life.

Cheers and dx,

Mike