Re: [WriteLog] WL issues..that seems to be resolved.

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL issues..that seems to be resolved.
From: "ukbrown" <ukbrown@acsol.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:59:06 -0700
I was having the following problems with WL.
Since I run SO2R I was having problems with
1. Direct I/O. I purchased it but about 3 weeks ago or so a
pop up was telling me my evaluation version was running out.
I have sent to Paule all the info on my purchase and I went
to the wedsite and downloaded it again which has it working
so far. Let you know if I have problems with this in the
future
2. Could not get the LPT to work. Finally figured out that
by going to the hardware manager and looking at the
resource. That the codes were wrong for using Direct I/O.
Got that corrected and the LPT sends cw and keys the toggle
between rigs.
3. Had to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the CAT
lines coming out of the Yaesu 1000MP and D so the comm 2 and
4 are working. Now the rigs read the frequency.
4. Lastly. after the above. I still had the problem of the
not being able to key in calls into the entry window.
Thought it was the program. It seems to be I had a bad
keyboard that would just stop working. Not sure just what if
is. How I discovered this.  When it hung up this last time.
I went to the internet and I could not log on. So the
suppect was the key board. I have several so I pulled out on
and replaced the non working on with the one I am using now.
 I will see if this one does the same thing. If so I will
replace it. But I suspect I have found the problem..
This hurt NT4TT when he ran WPX from here this year.
OK thanks for all and I am going to try N1MM just to see for
my self.
bill brown K0UK PTL