[WriteLog] PROBLEM SOLVED Re: emailing log to LOTW directly from WL??

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] PROBLEM SOLVED Re: emailing log to LOTW directly from WL??
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:09:35 +0000
Finally traced the problem to an installation of Windows Office 97 on
this computer. Outlook, one component of Office, insisted on coming
to life when WL requested the email client, even though Outlook was
not the default client (and had NEVER been activated or used).
Unfortunately Office will not even let me remove it now without the
original CD, which I have misplaced, so I have simply moved my LOTW
access software and keys to a different computer on my LAN. I have
uploaded 3 old contest logs successfully from WL with this setup in
the last hour.

Thanks to all who offered help and advice, and especially to Wanda,
k5dj's wife, who contacted him by telephone on my behalf to try to
solve the problem.

See my separate posting concerning the ease of use of this WL feature.

Jerry W4UK