Re: [WriteLog] WL CW Keying Enhancement

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL CW Keying Enhancement
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:02:48 -0700
This subject just gave me another idea that some others might find useful
(depending upon any callsign character "challenges").

I think I may set up TWO separate [mycallsign] CW message keys which should
help for 35WPM S&P:

1. One "normal" key to use when calling the guys I work frequently in contests
that know my call and how it "feels" spewing out with characters run tightly
together (although I'll tweak with this a bit).

2. One "modified" version including ^'s and ramp-downs when calling someone I
don't recognize that may have trouble copying the 6 & two V's run together (so
I also don't have to change the CW speed for the entire callsign).  I think
this is going to be very useful...especially in the ARRL SS when many casual
ops are QRV :-)

Regular: k6vva
Modified: k6^>v<^>>v<<^>>a<<

Still not the right "feel" but I'll keep experimenting.  Obviously, setting ^'s
and >><< ramp downs will drastically alter things if changing overall CW speeds.

Tnx & 73...

RIck, K6VVA