[WriteLog] Newbie

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Newbie
From: "Cecil Acuff" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:04:27 -0500
Hi folks,

        I'm new to the list as well as WriteLog and all I can say at this
point is that I am overwhelmed. (bet you haven't seen that before...:-) )
Certainly won't be using it for a contest real soon...must get over the
learning curve a bit I think.

I'm in the process of coming back to Amateur Radio after a 10 or so year
break.  Just getting a station set back up and planning antennas etc.....

Most of my activity right now is general DXing.  I need to get in and get
familiar with all the functions available in WriteLog.  I have it installed
and upgraded to the latest version.  Tested my sound card and all is
well....it's operational and interfacing from here.

Any suggestions on how to go about some general testing and familiarization?
Just pick one of the modules and log some stuff as if I were contesting?  I
need to test and work through fine tuning the interfaces to RTTY, CW, PSK-31
etc..

I didn't notice a module on the list for just general setup and testing type
activities so I assume one of the others are being used.

Sorry for the seemingly elementary questions but I have no experience with
logging programs at this point....this is ground zero.  I'm pretty good with
computers and the technical side of things so that part should not be a
problem.

I have been and will continue to visit the K9JY site for help as well....

Just thought I'd introduce myself here and mention my trek....

Thanks for your help....

Cecil Acuff
WB5VCE
Gulfport MS