[WriteLog] Laptop Selection - Soundcard

To: "WriteLog List" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Laptop Selection - Soundcard
From: "Richard Thorne" <rmthorne@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:20:11 -0500
I'm shopping for a new laptop.  I nornally use Dell's at my office for all
kinds of reasons, but unfortunately all the Dells that I've been able to
test do not pass the mic audio to the speaker output test.  I like to
connect my headset mic to the soundcard so that I can make changes to my
recordings on the fly.

Are there any laptops out there that will pass the mic audio to the speaker
output test?  I know the Fujitsu's do, at least the models I've used at
K5NA's.

Also from a price standpoint, are Celeron processor's ok with witelog.  This
is going to be a ham radio only lap top and won't be used heavily from a
processor stand point.

Rich - N5ZC