Re: [WriteLog] CW Speed Setup

To: w0raa@w0raa.com, writelog@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW Speed Setup
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:33:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/2006 2:40:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
w0raa@w0raa.com writes:

Can  somebody tell me how to set the speed of CW within WriteLog?  I go to
Help, type in the Search Window "CW Speed Setup" and it goes to a heading that
says CW SPeed Setup, but there is no text.  Surely there must be a way to
adjust the speed in Writelog.  Any help would be  appreciated.

Thanks,

Dick
W0RAA

Go to SETUP I PORTS I CW SPEEDS.  This will bring up a table into  which you
enter the CW speeds in words per minute (wpm).  From lowest to  highest speed,
enter the speeds beginning at the top of the first column and  going down,
then to the top of the second column and going down...continue thru  to the end
of the fourth column.

Here is an example:

Col 1 - 18, 20, 22, 24
Col 2 - 25, 26, 28, 29
Col 3 - 30, 31, 32, 33
Col 4 - 34, 36, 38, 40

The speed at the top of Col 3 - 30 wpm in the example above - is the  default
speed that WL will boot up with.

When using WL, you increment your CW speed by using the PAGE UP and PAGE
DOWN keys.  Each increment of PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN moves the speed to  the next
entry in the CW Speeds table.

I find that for the speeds in the mid range in which I operate, 30 to 34
wpm, I want the speeds to increment in 1 wpm increments.  Above and below  30
34 wpm, I use increments of 2 wpm each.

I hope this helps.

73, Geo...

George  Wagner, K5KG