[WriteLog] SSB Message Syntax

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SSB Message Syntax
From: "Jamie Dupree NS3T" <ns3t@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:56:13 -0400
K6JEB writes:

> I've checked the website as well as the great K9JY  site but can't find a
> full description of the
> % codes or the correct syntax for putting together a message buffer.

For a basic primer, go to the Writelog manual and look up CW and RTTY and
Voice Memory Setup.
You indicate that you have told Writelog where your wav files are located.
That's usually one
major problem when people work with recorded voice files.  %C sounds out the
call sign from
your recorded alphabet and number files.

>For the wav files, I already have a bunch recorded....However it starts by
>telling me it cannot find the >file .wav and space.wav.

That error message probably means you have typed the wav file name
incorrectly in the SSB
message slot.  The space.wav means you likely have a space in between
messages.
Just run them together in a single line  %C<thanks.wav><over.wav>  for
example.

> When it pronounces the serial number it only gives the cut-number "O",
> then the message halts.

You indicate that you are using %3 for your numbers, which means Writelog
will look for 001.wav for
serial number one and so on.  Make sure you have saved your wav files like
that.  %3 works for 001-999, so don't make more than a thousand Q's, or you
are in trouble!  I use %4 for serial numbers and
the %5 for recorded repeats.

See if that works or helps.

73 Jamie NS3T