Re: [WriteLog] CQP Cabrillo Errors

To: Garry Shapiro <garry@ni6t.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CQP Cabrillo Errors
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:51:11 -0600
Garry,

By the way the county hunter (MARAC) abbreviation for San Diego is NOT
SDIE but is SDGO.  The CA QP folks did not use the MARAC list but about
80% of the abbreviations did match.  No one that I am aware of talked
the CAQP folks into using our abbreviations even though they were
certainly welcome to do so.  The MARAC contest with 3077 possible
multipliers has a much larger need for some end to the abbreviation
chaos than any state QSO party does.  For example we needed to uniquely
abbreviate Washington, Washburn, Washita, Washoe, Washtenaw or Greene,
Greenlee, Greensville, Greenup, Greenville, Greenwood counties.

I did design the abbreviations that the county hunters use in their
contest but I really didn't think that state QSO parties needed to adopt
our abbreviations.  However for regional QSO parties such as the 7th
Area or New England there might be a desire.

73,
Larry, W0QE