[WriteLog] Need Help on WriteLog with Orion II

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Need Help on WriteLog with Orion II
From: "Gregory Knapp" <n6gk@n6gk.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 22:02:15 -0800
I need help. I have an Orion II interfaced by serial cable to my XP
computer. I can send keyboard CW that way with my N4PY software, but can't
make WriteLog key the rig on CW.
I think I and my son (a SW Engineer) have tried just about every setting on
the WriteLog menu and have read tons of old posts on set up with the Orion
(such as modify an .ini file, etc.), but just can't seem to get it to key.
Is there some secret? Is an additional interface cable/box for WriteLog
required to make it function?  Am I missing something? It just can't be this
hard to hook up and configure...or is it? If someone has successfully used
WL with an OII via the serial cable, please let me know your
settings/secrets for CW mode.
Thanks,
Greg, N6GK