[WriteLog] Frequency grab feature

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Frequency grab feature
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:41:05 -0000
Since it was mentioned that this new feature, the %Z, is being revised
in the next release I thought I would put in my request again and be
perhaps a little clearer this time.

For SO2R on CW, appending "KHZ" onto the end is a waste of precious
time.  The typical CW sent is: "PSE QSY 140125" or just: QSY 14025?,
nobody ever sends "KHZ."  Can we do away with the "KHZ" or add an option
to turn it off?

More important, many stations - this one included - can run and do run
on either radio.  If I am running on radio #1 I need the "QSY 14025?"
message to pick up the frequency of radio #2, but, also, vice versa.
Can we have a %Z (with an appendage) that sends the frequency of the
radio that does not have transmit focus at the time of sending?   I
realize this gets hard if there are more than two radios involved.  Just
having it send radio #2's freq when radio #1 is TX and vice-versa will
make this really useful however for nearly all SO2R ops.

Hal
N4GG