[WriteLog] Rig control troubles - please help!

To: writelog@contesting.com, yccc@yccc.org
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig control troubles - please help!
From: Grant Kesselring <kesselg@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 21:50:25 -0800 (PST)
I have a Dell Dimension 9100 desktop PC running XP that I've been trying to
interface with two rigs for SO2R operation.  The first rig (TS-850) is
connected via a standard COM port and the second (FT-990) is connected through
a Belkin F5U109 USB to serial adapter.  Writelog manages to interface with each
radio ok seperately, but interfaces with neither when both radios are
configured at the same time.

Looking at the device manager list, I see under Ports (COM & LPT) the following:
  Belkin F5U109 Serial Port (COM4)
  Communications Port (COM5)

Back in WL, under the ports setting I am using the appropriate COM numbers to
call out the two radios.

Thinking it was possibly an IRQ problem, I tried to change the resources on
COM5 to be a different IRQ number.  This did not have any effect.  At this
point I do not know what else to try.  I started with a clean writelog.ini to
make sure I didn't have any legacy setting that could possibly mess things up.
Any suggestions?

73,
Grant
K1KD