Re: [WriteLog] Writelog 10.61 Point & Shoot Problems

To: "'Rick Tavan N6XI'" <rtavan@gmail.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog 10.61 Point & Shoot Problems
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 01:10:38 -0500
Rick,

>    - on the FT-1000MP it clears and turns off RIT ("CLAR").

This is the nature of the CAT system in the FT-1000D and FT-1000MP.
Any frequency command will disable the clarifier (both TX and RX).
It is not something that is easily coded around ... the programmer
would need to record the state of both the XIT and RIT, set the new
frequency and then reenable XIT and/or RIT.

It can be done but it's not trivial and would add a significant
amount of overhead to every "set frequency" command.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV