Re: [WriteLog] LAPTOP rs232 additional ports

To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] LAPTOP rs232 additional ports
From: KR4DA <kr4da@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:21:01 -0500
Well finally I have a serial card that works with my OLD win 98SE
laptop Acer (TI) Extensa 670CDT Pentiun 166 mhz.
 It is a SOCKET SL0723-116 dual port
ports are com3 and com 4.......
First card bought off EBAY (STARTECH) would NOT work with my
PCMCIA TI chip set.

I sent 4-5 hours on that card trying to figure why it would not
work....... finally startech support said that the CARD will not work
with the TI PCMCIA chip set....GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr...

--
de KR4DA Bob Middleburg, FL
HK0/KR4DA J79DA FG/KR4DA