Re: [WriteLog] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!
From: K6VVA <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:36:27 -0800
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 john@kk9a.com wrote:

 > I don't know of any contest that allows you post your multiplier needs,
 > solicit contacts over the internet or self spot, even for the multioperator
 > categories.   I guess if you wanted to tie this to Writelog your could
 > request that the program be written to not allow illegal posts.

Actually, you make a very good suggestion, John.

I think it was a year ago in a DX contest where some new N1MM users were
inadvertently posting their own frequency (instead of the station callsign
they just worked S&Ping), because some config settings were whacked
out.  It was very frustrating  to see alleged new  bandmap entries show up
only to find it was not the DX station there, but the W/K station.

A simple config setting in WL like "Prohibit ANY Packet Posts With User's
Callsign & Frequency"...or several options (set by default upon installing
WL to eliminate potential problems).

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA