Re: [WriteLog] FW: Belkin F5U409 Question.

To: jim@w8wts.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FW: Belkin F5U409 Question.
From: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <lists@w1nr.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:27:57 -0500
One thing that I have noticed is that WriteLog memories via the F keys
are dependent on the mode read from the rig.  If the mode is not CW, the
Fx keys don't work.  That is true for RTTY also.

What type of rig interface are you using?  I have found that W1GEE
interfaces don't work with USB cables that use the Prolific PL-2302
chips.  Must have something to do with deriving power from the serial
port, but I never did look real close at it.  A standard Kenwood IF-232
has no problem with it.  These chips also don't do FSK RTTY properly.  I
have found them used in the RocketPort II and USBGear dongle cables.

I have a Silicon Labs CP2102 development board coming in a few days
that, from the data sheet, might be programmed to work properly.

You might be better off getting one of the USB rig interface boxes.
They are more expensive, but at least they are designed to work with
WriteLog and the various rigs.

73 de Mike, W1NR