Re: [WriteLog] Typing a W into Call Entry Window-Epilogue

To: "Steve AI9T" <steve@ai9t.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Typing a W into Call Entry Window-Epilogue
From: "Gerald Wilson" <gtwilson@integrity.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 00:02:25 -0000
Steve AI9T,

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger--there was company....

Awhile back, I had a similar little gremlin sneak in.  From where, I do not
know since I did not re-map any keyboard assignments. During one contest
about 30 QSO's in, when I typed a "Y" into the callsign field, a little
wrench appeared; and I could not enter another letter in the callsign field.
Each time I typed a "Y" the wrench came back.  Any of 25 letters and the 10
numerals were okay, but "Y" was poison in my case.  I always consider my own
operator error as a possible cause.

It was extremely frustrating until I figured out that the "Y"-key had
somehow been mapped to the "Cntrl-Y" or "EditKeyboardSelectQSO"-function.
I corrected/unmapped that problem.  I forgot about it until the next contest
or updated version.  The "Y"-key problem reappeared!  Fortunately, that time
I was able to correct the situation without losing QSO's.  For those who
might ask, yes I do liberally use "Save Configuration" and "Save Log."  This
problem recurred several times until, I believe, the next full-version
download on my next "renewal."   I haven't had the problem since.

Best wishes, Steve, for stomping out the gremlin once and for all.
73,

   Jerry    K7VIT