[WriteLog] Cut number confusion

To: <w7dpw@comcast.net>
Subject: [WriteLog] Cut number confusion
From: "Dick-w0raa" <w0raa@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:13:31 -0700
I agree with you, Dave.  What in the hell does "NN" mean?  I put it down as
99.

ATT is 100 (I assume)
AOO is 100 (What else is it supposed to be?)
KW is 1000?
K is 1000?
NN is 99?

I had one stn that sent me 8T.  I entered it as 80.
5TT was 500, I guess.

Several stations sent a plain "K".  I put it down as 1000 Watts as I did
with KW.  I guess the micro second that it took to send a KW was just too
much for some of them.  I think CUT numbers should be banned from contests.

There was also a station with a call of WP2Z.  He was sending a KW.  I
looked him up on QRZ.COM and it was the Island Villa Contest Club in
Morristown, NJ.  If he was a US station, why was he sending out "599 KW" as
a report?  It should have been "599 NJ".  Am I missing something?   I hope
somebody can explain why he was sending a 599 KW if he was state side?

Dick
W0RAA