Re: [WriteLog] Writelog 10.62 TCP/IP Networking

To: <w0yk@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog 10.62 TCP/IP Networking
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:29:15 -0600
Thanks Ed,

Its definitely something in TCP/IP and not in NetDDE for me.  I had the
problem in previous versions and switched back to NetDDE.  After reading
about successful operations with IP, I switched back and it still did the
same thing.  After changing back over to NetDDE, it didn't fault again the
remainder of the contest.

About the computer browser, yeah I know what you mean.  2000 and XP now use
DNS for name resolution instead of of netbios names, if the information is
available.  I don't have a DNS server running, but did fill out the Host
file on both machines with all the names and addresses of all workstations
on the network.

I need to get out to the camp and get that errorlog file and read over it to
see what failed at what time.

Charlie
Ki5xp