Re: [WriteLog] telnet dropout problem

To: "Rick Tavan N6XI" <rtavan@gmail.com>,"Writelog user group" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] telnet dropout problem
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:25:17 -0400
At 11:36 PM 4/11/2007, Rick Tavan N6XI wrote:

>Writelog is dropping my telnet connection every few minutes. I understand
>that some dropouts are inevitable and have used external interface programs
>to defend against dropout during contests. But now I can't even keep it
>connected long enough to get a couple of spots during casual operation. As
>we say in the software biz, "It used to work." Any ideas?

I can't say why it stopped working, but many have had good results
with VE7CC's AR/CC User program.  You can get it from
http://www.ve7cc.net.  It sits between your software and your
cluster, does auto-reconnect, gets missed spots, etc.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us