Re: [WriteLog] Installation problems

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Installation problems
From: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:16:50 +0000
wb2jep@comcast.net wrote:
I purchased a new PC. It's running Windpws XP Home. I had no
installation problems on my older PC with the same OS. After
installation of WL and opening the program, it prompts me for my call
and password. I fill them both in, click OK and nothing happens. I
have tired it numerous times with the same result. I'm sure that I'm
using the correct password. In addition, I have uninstalled and
reinstalled Writelog several times to no avail.
I think this is covered in the initial installation instructions.
Ron says that after installing the program, it may ask you once more
to input that data, and maybe so a save.

One way to bypass the entire sequence is to precopy your writelog.ini
file and wlogkey.ini file to C:\windows before you do the
installation.

Then you will find the values already filled in.

73
Ed