Re: [WriteLog] Recommended CW and Voice Keyer

To: "Harold Aaron" <haaron@pamlico.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Recommended CW and Voice Keyer
From: "hank k8dd" <hank.kohl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:08:59 -0000
There was a post on here some time ago regarding how to make the voice
messages sound good.  I have tried it and without much effort made it sound
pretty decent for the November SS.
I used the Windows Sound Recorder to make several recordings.
1. A - Z and 0 - 9
2. W#'s K#'s and N#
3. All the things I could think of - my call, "is the frequency busy", "get
off my
frequency, lid" etc.
Then I got the program Audacity and using each file broke up the segments of
that file to make separate .wav files - a.wav, b.wav.etc.  And with Audacity
you can copy, for example **only** the voice for the letter "A" and no extra
audio into a.wav ..... It can take a day just to work with those three
files.  And
that is just scratching the surface of what you can do!
Jamie NS3T has been at it for many more hours than I will probably ever put
into making the files - I think he records all the calls from the results! -
but I
don't think you can tell if it is him or the voice keyer in a contest.

The alternative would be to just record the numbers and what you want for
voice memories in the function keys and use a microphone to give the other
station's call.

73    Hank    K8DD

If God intended you to be on single sideband,
he would have given you only one nostril.
- Steve, K2PTS (SK)
---