[WriteLog] W5XD Multi+ Keyer - esc Key locks keyer

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD Multi+ Keyer - esc Key locks keyer
From: "Wayne Rogers" <n1wr@chesapeake.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:25:18 -0400
I have been living with this problem for a while and would like to resolve it
for this season.

I am running a simple one radio, cw-only setup, using the XD Multi+ Keyer.
Everything seems fine, except that when the keyboard ESC key is used to stop a
programmed F-key message, cw can no longer be generated by either another
function key or the keyer paddle; i.e., the radio is "hung". I have found that
I can 'unlock' the keyer by switching the L-R switch on the CW speed control.
Also - aborting a message by touching one of the paddles works fine.

I found a reference to this same problem in the aechives (W4AA), but the
solution mentioned did not fix my problem (In the ports menu, set COM PTT to No
and under CW PTT, set to "None" (i.e., if you have enabled PTT via the rig
control port, turn it off.)

I don't use radio control (the serial connection from the keyer to the radio).

Thanks,  Wayne N1WR
Lusby, MD