[WriteLog] Problem w/W2K and WL10.63 install

To: writelog@contesting.com, w5xd@writelog.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem w/W2K and WL10.63 install
From: K0BX <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 01:26:30 +0000
Hi guys.  I just received our new Writelog 10.63H key last week for our
club station at 'The Boeing Company' here in St. Louis for W0MA.

I went to our club trailer and started to install this version over our
previous version.  The installation started OK and deleted the old
version.  It stopped and gave the following error message:

"Writelog Version 10.63 Setup

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required
for this install to complete could not be run.  Contact your support
personnel or package vendor."

Let me tell you the setup.  We have four (4) IBM PC's with Windows2000
SP3 on a LAN.  I guess we received them about 2 years ago from the
company.  Writelog has worked perfectly on all machines.

So you can imagine my disappointment when the installation did not
complete as we are getting ready for CQWWRTTY.  I got the same error on
two machines.  I did not try the other two as since it uninstalls the
version that is working, I did not want to have reinstall on all the
machines.

I know this is a W2K problem.  I just wonder if anyone else had this
problem and what DLL is missing??  The MFC dll is installled an is the
latest version.  I been searching the WL Archives for any answers but
was not able to find any.

Again, it is Windows2000 and not XP.

Joe K0BX
for W0MA (McDonnell Douglas home of the F18)