Re: [WriteLog] Problem w/W2K and WL10.63 install

To: "K0BX" <k0bx@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem w/W2K and WL10.63 install
From: "Wayne Wright, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:05:05 -0500 (CDT)
Joe,
The .exe file self-extractor was supposed to be fool proof but maybe its
not working right in the case of your particular machines. Please give
this a try:
1. You must have the FULL install of WL63 NOT the .exe file with "upg" in
its name. If that is not the case, then talk to Ron, get the right
download, and ignore the rest of this message.
2. When you run the .exe, in the dialog that comes up, turn OFF the "when
done unzipping...setup.exe" button.
3. change the "unzip to folder" to the name of an empty or a new folder on
your machine.
4. Click OK, and that empty folder will now have 4 files in it (Setup.exe,
SetupWLFull.exe, WlFull01.cab, and writelog.setup_msi
5. now run that setup.exe using your favorite way to launch a program. You
can use Windows explorer, or type its full path into the Start Menu Run
command, or whatever. Does the setup fail again?
6. If it fails again--one last shot. If step (5) did not rename that last
file to "writelog.msi", then rename it manually. Then double click on
writelog.msi and it should attempt an install. Does this one fail, too?

Wayne