[WriteLog] Problem w/W2K and WL10.63 install Solved!!!

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem w/W2K and WL10.63 install Solved!!!
From: K0BX <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:19:39 +0000
Hi Guys, in my previous message I had a problem with installing the new
version of WL 10.63H with our Windows2000 PC's in our club shack at W0MA.
I received several suggestions:
1.  From W5XD (AI2N) who told me of several ways to use the WL
installer.  Each method started the Installer but they failed on the
missing DLL.
2.  K8DD and K5DJ suggested that I update the Windows Installer,
"WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe".  This solved the problem.
Once installed Writelog full install just like it always has.  I
installed it on our 4 PC and all our settings from the previous version
were still there.
Just in time for the CQWWRTTY contest.
3. Many guys suggested that I update the PC's to Windows2000 to Service
Pack 4 (SP4)(KI5XP, N6UUG).  They said that would solve the problem
also.  I plan on
doing that, but our communications trailer is self contained.  No
internet except for slow dialup.  Just good enough for the telnet
spots.  So SP4 will have
to wait until another day.

Thank you guys again.  I think I would have figured it out with enough
trial and error but the CQWWRTTY is coming too soon.

Joe K0BX
Look for either W0MA, AB0RX or K0BX this weekend.