Re: [WriteLog] Using 24 inch LCD Monitor for RTTY

To: "Ed Gray W0SD" <w0sd@triotel.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Using 24 inch LCD Monitor for RTTY
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:51:51 -0600
Ed,

To take advantage of a 24" LCD monitor your video card will need to support
1920x1200 resolution. That might be a problem for older video cards so you will
need to check the specifications for your current card. Also, the monitor might
have both analog and digital input. Your video card should have a digital
output to take advantage of the big screen capabilities. If you go to dual
screens, you need either a dual output video card or use the onboard video and
a regular video card for each monitor. Windows XP supports either configuration.

I have used 24" CRT monitors in the past, but those were huge and heavy. I am
currently running a ViewSonic VA1912wb which is 1440x900 resolution.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

http://k0rc.spaces.live.com
http://czudek.spaces.live.com
http://chudek.aberon.net