[WriteLog] Using 24 inch LCD Monitor for RTTY

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Using 24 inch LCD Monitor for RTTY
From: Ed Gray W0SD <w0sd@triotel.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:15:26 -0800
I did a search in the archives and came up with nothing on 24 inch
monitors.  I have looked at the possibility of dual monitors but that
takes a lot of room for two LCD monitors and somewhat disconcerting to
drag the mouse from one to the other.  I want to try a 24 inch LCD
monitor as that would take less room and be a lot "cleaner".   The big
reason for doing this is for RTTY where you have the RTTY window,
logging window and  then we run out of space for some the the windows we
would like open.

Has anyone tried a 24" screen and what has been the results?

Also I am told by my computer guru friends, non-ham, that for a 24" LCD
I need more than the normal VGA output or I won't  get much quality.
Can anyone tell me their experiences here and pitfalls and what works.

Ed W0SD