Re: [WriteLog] Does anyone use WL's LOTW capability?

To: <w5xd@writelog.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Does anyone use WL's LOTW capability?
From: "Howard S. White" <drpaper@kleega.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:22:59 -0800
No:

Like Ron I use a Master Logging program...

And frankly WL's LOTW export feature does not have the high level of
integration with WL that I want...

In my case I use DXLAB's DXKeeper...which not only automatically imports
the Writelog ADIF Contest File and exports the results directly to LOTW
but also does a couple of valuable things that WL does not:

        1.      It synchronizes the sent data with LOTW to make sure
that it has been added to the LOTW database correctly and sets its own
records to confirm the QSO was sent.

        2.      It queries LOTW to check for any confirmations that have
been received from others and updates its records on my computer

        The benefit of using DXKeeper rather than Writelog is that with
a single click of a button my Master Log Database is always up to date
with the latest LOTW confirmations which really makes record keeping
almost automatic.

Howard S. White Ph.D. P. Eng., VE3GFW/K6  ex-AE6SM  KY6LA
Website: www.ky6la.com
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
"Ham Antennas Save Lives - Katrina, 2003 & 2007 San Diego Fires, 911"